Email Me
JesseThis is a hyperlinked picture, contained in a paragraph
Skype Me

Skype Name: jesseweber
These are all the ways to get in touch with me.
You can also call or text me:

(404) 939-2579
Follow me on Twitter
Become my Friend

Monday, October 12, 2009

Walking into the Sunrise

I was lucky enough to watch the sun come up this morning over the beach in Cádiz. I was walking from my friend's place (which is about 30 steps away from the beach) to the train station. It was perfect timing to make the walk. I left the apartment when it was dark outside and the only thing I could see were silhouettes of people sleeping or sitting on the beach. The walk from the apartment to the station took me 50 minutes and all but the last five minutes are on the boardwalk. As I made my way the sun slowly started to come up and I actually got to watch it rise. What an incredible walk!



This was the end of a very good 24 hours. I left Sevilla by train at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday and was back at 11:00 a.m. Sunday. While it seems like it's not much time it reminded of the 16 days traveling through Europe, meaning I made the most of the time I had. I visited Old Cádiz, the oldest city in Europe, when I first arrived. I met my friend Lily and we made the 50 minute walk to the new side of Cadiz where the beaches are. I went for a run to a lighthouse/castle on the beach in the hot part of the day. After the run I met Lily and jumped in the Atlantic. Then, some guys from the Spanish military started playing beach soccer and we were lucky enough to be invited in the game. Running, swimming and soccer on the beach is about as perfect of an exercise day as I can think of.



After that we had good wine, good food, and great conversations in Spanish (I was listening, but everyone else was speaking). I am very thankful for friends that allow me to crash their lives and homes for a day to enjoy the beach.

1 comment: