Email Me
JesseThis is a hyperlinked picture, contained in a paragraph
Skype Me

Skype Name: jesseweber
These are all the ways to get in touch with me.
You can also call or text me:

(404) 939-2579
Follow me on Twitter
Become my Friend

Friday, November 6, 2009

Last Day in Europe

Sun rising over the Mediterranean Sea on my last day in Spain


I wrote this on my last day in Europe. This is my first chance to post it.....

I woke up a 6:30 this morning so I could get up and see the sun rise over Mediterranean Sea. How many times do you get the chance to experience that in a lifetime? I walked down to the ocean and tried to get a cup of coffee. Nothing opens until 8:45 so I was out of luck. I walked up and down the boardwalk until the sun started peeking over the calm sea. There were clouds right on the horizon which made the first 30 minutes a mixture of bright colors that can't be copied by any color-match system. My last morning in Spain and I am going to take in every last second.

It's not easy leaving this country. Six months ago living and studying in Spain was just a dream that likely would never come true. Before I knew it I was living the last few seconds of what became reality. Not only did I study in Spain, but I visited five other countries.

This is not a recap. I'm not sure I want to recap as that means this chapter of my life is over. Time wise this would be the shortest chapter, but maybe the longest in experiences. Will I ever again sit and talk with a bartender, in Spanish, about her desire to open up a home in Mexico for children in bad situations at home? Probably not. WIll I ever have the task of convincing a shop owner that Americans as a whole are not solely about making an extra dollar? Nope. Will my life ever be as relaxing as the Spanish lives are? It doesn't look good.

In fact, I may never recap on here. I would love to grab a cup of coffee sometime with you and tell you more. That's what I did in Sevilla and that's what I will do back in the States. My life was too good in Spain not to integrate it into my life wherever I end up.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to request one of those cups of coffee + life in Europe recap sometime around Christmas. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up for coffee--any Tues or Thurs. Welcome back--Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete